Friday 24 June 2011

sweaty hand handshake..

I got to say, I was thinking about this ALOT tonight, (I have no idea why, it could possibly be that my nights arn't very entertaining)
But the thought is that everytime i meet someone new my hands begin to clam up..
And it starts with just a thought.

SCENE:
I'll be sitting at the table with friends and if I havn't met some one, one person will introduce me to the other person (normal enough right) but as soon as I see that hand extend for a shake, my brain instantly goes in some type of stupid overdrive, and my hands go clammy..

but my thought process goes like this:
"Oh shit what happens if they shake my hand and my hand is sweaty, why the hell would it be sweaty it wasn't sweaty just a second ago, -person extends for a handshake- ah shit balls there clammy" So i try to play it cool, and "act" like its all normal....cha..

Then when the horrid gesture is over with I think:
"F***!! did they notice?!?"

Yet my brain is still in overdrive at the thought that they noticed so my hands are still sweating, then I look over to the person that i shook hands with and i analyze there facial movements, a little to much. -

"Ah shit, they gave me a look, they noticed (at this point im restraining myself from wipeing my hands on my pant leg, then my brow starts to sweat) i know they noticed damnit."

And it literally takes about 20 - 30 minutes for my brain to stop frying and for me to calm down..

But because I'm so "smooth" (sarcasm) it works out.

But I think the worse situation is going in for a job interview, makes me feel like jumping out of the nearest window LOL.

Does this happen to you? or am i just crazy haha.....ha..

No comments:

Post a Comment